POWDER POWER!

I have a confession... When I was 10 or 11, I got me and my BFF Valerie t-shirts that said "POWDER PRINCESS" in giant sparkly blue letters. (Don't make fun! That's not even the confession part...) If I still had it I'd have worn it today under all my clothes, because the snow was SO MUCH FUN!

couldn't see my skis most of the day.

Though these storms have been quite a nuisance to many across the country, I really could not be more delighted. There were 7" of snowfall reported this morning, but it didn't stop snowing all day. By the end, we were skiing in knee-deep powder in some parts.  We must have gotten at least a foot in the past 24 hours! Some kids got to skip school, others spent today waiting for delayed flights, I spent the day practicing my rebound retraction. That's what you get for skiing with two former instructors.  Gotta say though, I feel like I'm skiing better than ever before.  The helmet helps the fearlessness. Also, boot warmers.
I'm pooped from today. Curling up by the fire and checking out this funny book from 1967... The instructions are split into three groups: 'If you are a gifted or bold skier,' 'If you are a cautious skier,' and 'If you are a very cautious skier.'

No comments: