OUTDOOR ROOM

Remember when I made that awning a while back? I totally forgot to show off the latest addition... A 'wall'! It really encloses the patio to make a real room. Suddenly my apartment's doubled in size!
It was a big job. Not technically so difficult, but it's the first time I've made something to this scale.  I actually burned out my machine. It just stopped working on the last seam. Always the last one... It took some calculations and a lot of measuring to figure out exactly how much fabric I needed, but with some help from the terrific Marlene at Lincoln Fabrics I figured it out and made a pattern. (Another BIG job. You need a lot of floorspace.)

See?
Just another day at the office. PS- This was December.
Quite a fashionable pattern courtesy of the Last Magazine. Is it bad that I was parading around the fabric store with this thing flashing boobs everywhere?

Ta-Da! The final product. I've actually added grommets to that diagonal bit and tied twelve linen bows that close it off, but didn't take any photos. But the good news is, no more creepy neighbors!

No comments: