ST THOMAS- DARK & STORMYS + BLACK IGUANAS


I just decided to add the recipe for Dark & Stormys.  I had forgotten how much I love rum until my recent trip to the Caribbean.  I've been trying to extend the tropical vibe as long as I can which has not been difficult with the amazing weather in LA lately.  Beach BBQs, coconut banana bread and rum galore!

I spent a fair amount of time in Antigua and the surrounding islands in 2008 for family trips, getting certified for diving, and a few sailing regattas (we won Classics Week that year!) While I was there I developed a serious love for the rum punch at Shirley Heights.  The steel drum band, ancient fortress, and unforgettable sunsets were great too, but I mean, this PUNCH!  They have vowed to never reveal the recipe, so instead of trying to half-ass my own, here's another great and simple rum drink.

DARK AND STORMY

2 oz dark rum (I like Mount Gay and Ron Abuelo)

10 oz ginger beer (My favorite is Reed's Ginger Brew)

1/2 lime

Ice

Fill a tall glass with ice.  Squeeze 1/4 of the lime onto the ice and leave wedge in glass.  Pour rum over the ice, then add ginger beer. Stir slightly and garnish with the second 1/4 lime.

4 comments:

Lori said...

looks like such a beautiful place!

...look closer

devorelebeaumonstre. said...

nice! x


devorelebeaumonstre.com

Chloe said...

Omg that iguana is insane. If I had all the money on the world I would build a HUGE glass tank inside my house and have something like that living in it.

SOCIAL EMISSIONS

Jen Umm said...

great inspiration! love the first pic!
thanks for sharing!

if you like we can follow each other on bloglovin :)
let me know!
STYLE DECORUM